Happy Easter To All
For Christians, Easter is a time of joyful celebration. However many folks, especially unbelievers, can’t understand how anyone would joyfully celebrate the death of someone they say they love. We believe, therefore we celebrate!
As committed followers of Jesus Christ we believe with all our heart, mind, soul and strength:
- We believe in one God (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob), the Sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ, the living Word of God, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures . . . without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness (of sins – Hebrews 9:22). On the third day, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
- We believe the Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior, indwelling our hearts. He gives us new life, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
- We believe from birth we were estranged from God and condemned by our inherited sinfulness from Adam and Eve and our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8 – NLT). God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- We believe Jesus Christ will come again to the earth personally, visibly, and bodily—to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- We believe the Holy Bible is the infallible (cannot err) Word of God.
We believe, therefore we celebrate!
If Jesus had not shed His blood and died, our sins would not have been forgiven in God’s eyes. More importantly, if God the Father had not raised Jesus from the dead then His death, and the forgiveness of our sins, would have been a meaningless sacrifice!
The resurrection power of Jesus defeating death itself insured that all who believe in Him, His death, burial, and resurrection, would also be resurrected to eternal life in a perfectly new heaven and new earth. This is VERY GOOD NEWS to all who believe in Him!
I found a great illustration that I hope will give readers a perfect picture of what life can and will be like with, and without, a relationship with Jesus Christ.
A thrill-seeker named Luke Aikins accomplished something most folks wouldn’t even dream of doing. Luke made a 25,000 foot jump from an airplane. A lot of folks might do that but very few would do it with NO parachute!
So, how does Luke’s free-fall into the safety net relate to a relationship with Jesus? I’m glad you asked!
Because of our inherited sinfulness from Adam and Eve, we are all born sinners and separated from a relationship with the God who created us. From birth we are all literally free-falling through life and heading straight to the pits of Hell once we take our last breath. We don’t have a safety net to break that fall, to save us. That is the power of sin, and that makes Satan very happy!
However, for those who repent (have a change of heart and mind away from a sinful past) and believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, Jesus instantly becomes our safety net. He is the only One, the only safety net, who can save us from eternal destruction, living a life in the pits of Hell forever! Then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other Name under Heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:10-12 – NIV)
My hope and prayer for all who do not yet have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the only safety net that can save sinners from eternal damnation, is that you will take time right now and ask Jesus to come into your life and acknowledge Him as your personal Lord and Savior.
As believers all around the world celebrate Easter giving thanks for the life, death, burial, and resurrection of the only One who can save us, may you too join us as we celebrate our new life with Jesus. For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
I’ll close by introducing you to my favorite Christian praise band, We The Kingdom, who sing an AWESOME and very appropriate song that fits perfectly with all I’ve shared with you. GOD SO LOVED.
If you liked what you just heard from WTK, you’ll love the first song they released, HOLY WATER.
HE IS RISEN! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
See you next week for more Wisdom Matters!